Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tell Me Tuesdays #21!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome ladies of Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!


 Golden Son by Pierce Brown


 With shades of The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and Game of Thrones, debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation. Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within. A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Son guarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices.





 Symbiont by Mira Grant

THE SECOND BOOK IN MIRA GRANT'S TERRIFYING PARASITOLOGY SERIES.
THE ENEMY IS INSIDE US.

The SymboGen designed tapeworms were created to relieve humanity of disease and sickness. But the implants in the majority of the world's population began attacking their hosts turning them into a ravenous horde.

Now those who do not appear to be afflicted are being gathered for quarantine as panic spreads, but Sal and her companions must discover how the tapeworms are taking over their hosts, what their eventual goal is, and how they can be stopped.



Seems like this is the week of sequels! I got approved on NetGalkey for the sequel to Red Rising: Golden Son and I started reading it right away! It's a rather big book and I have been working for the past few days, so I have been reading slowly but surely through it! And Symbiont I'm doing a buddy read with Faye from The Social Potato and Jeann from Happy Indulgence and we're reading 3 to 4 chapters per day! So far, I'm loving both so much!

So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!


14 comments:

  1. I have really got to get around to reading both of these series! I have Feed by Mira Grant at home waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can highly recommend both series so far cause I loved the first book in both, Lisa and I'm loving the sequels!

      Delete
  2. Oh! I hadn't seen the cover to Golden Son, yet. Very nice!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that word Symbiont! They should make a video game about it because it already has a perfect title for one. Lol. Maybe my son would be interested in these books. He is a Biochemistry major with an emphasis in genetics, so making tapeworms that cure illnesses would be fun for him to read about. I have been really frustrated because the last thing he read on his own were the Hunger Game Books (when they first came out)!! He had to read books for his Lit requirement last semester, but he is done with everything that is not core science and math now, so he has not read ANYTHING in six months!! Horrors!! I was going to get right onto reading Red Rising, but then I realized I haven't read my precious Ruin and Rising yet, my birthday present from Britter, so after one more review book and R&R I will do this. Hopefully I will want to continue right on with Golden Son. *wuzzies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biochemistry major? Your son NEEDS to read this one and Parasite, that is book one! I think he'd love them!!
      Yeah Ruin & Rising and Red Rising are two MUST READS! I cannot wait to see what you think of both!
      *squishes*

      Delete
  4. Both books looks pretty awesome :D I hope you are loving them sweetie. <3 I will be reading Red Rising one day ;p I'm not sure what I'm reading next, though. As I don't feel like reading at all :\ hoping it will change soon, though. Thank you for sharing Pili :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about not feeling like reading, sometimes it happens! I'm sure you'll feel like reading books again in no time sweetie! *hugs* And Red Rising is an awesome book full of heartbreak and awesomeness and I'm sure you'll love it!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you got approved for Golden Son!! I didnt do mine this week I was just to busy last night. I feel kinda bad...but oh well next week! XO (whispers..BEA!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I was so happy to be approved!

      AND HELL YEAH! BEA!!!

      Delete
  6. Wheeee, Golden Son! I hope you love it when you finish it!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!! I'm hoping I'll continue to love it despite the ending and no book for over a year! =D

      Delete
  7. I haven't read Red Rising, but I'm starting to get curious about it! Maybe I'll read it someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Red Rising and I really hope you'll read it Kaitlin!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!